Members of the Tyngsborough community need be cognizant of several issues currently being handled by the TPD. We have recently experienced both an increase in attempts and completions of Motor Vehicle BREAK IN’S. Some suggestions for future prevention are forthcoming.
– Please lock all vehicles in your driveway and/or garage overnight.
– If possible, leave an overhead outside light on, carport light, or perhaps a driveway light.
– Lock all valuables left behind in your vehicle either in the trunk, out of plain view, or even store in your house.
– Call 911 anytime of day for suspicious activity in/or around your residence or neighborhood, to include suspicious vehicles.
– Car alarms set off during the late night hours should be addressed by the owners immediately. Often times victims report that they heard an alarm going off but either didn’t think it was their’s, or didn’t feel the need to investigate immediately.
Suspects appear to be going through unlocked and unsecured vehicles in driveways that are easily accessible. At this time there are no reports of PERPS smashing windows to complete their crimes.
Items of temptation include but are not limited to: GPS systems, radios and radio faceplates, any loose monies/change, laptops, ipods, cellphones, wallets and purses.
STAY A STEP AHEAD AND LOCK YOUR VEHICLES.
ANY OTHER QUESTIONS/COMMENTS/CONCERNS CAN BE FORWARDED TO DET./SGT. MJ BOURQUE.
978-649-7504 EXT. 131