Department News

Arrest of Alleged Heroin Dealer, Handgun Seized

Ian Burris, Age 26, of Hudson, N.H. faces a long list of charges from the Tyngsborough Police Department for allegedly carrying heroin with intent to distribute and carrying a loaded firearm illegally.

TYNGSBOROUGH — Chief Richard Howe reports that the Tyngsborough Police Department, after an investigation, arrested an alleged heroin dealer and seized an illegal, loaded handgun.

IAN BURRIS, AGE 26, OF HUDSON, N.H. was arrested and charged with:

•Possession of a Class A Substance (Heroin) with intent to distribute
•Possession of a Class E Substance (Alpraxolam)
•Possession of a Class E Substance (Busiprone)
•Possession of a Large Capacity Firearm without a License
•Possession of a Large Capacity Feeding Device without a License
•Unlawful Possession of Ammunition
•Unlawfully Carrying a Dangerous Weapon (Double Edged Knife)
•Unlawfully Carrying a Dangerous Weapon (Switchblade Knife) [Two Counts]
•Unlawfully Carrying a Dangerous Weapon (Metallic Knuckles)

On Thursday, Oct. 26 at 10:09 p.m., officers on patrol responded to the Alltown Mobil on Westford Road for an investigation. Upon arrival, officers found a red Toyota Corolla with front end damage parked off to the side of the gas station building. The driver, later identified as BURRIS was in a semi-conscious state.

Officers observed, in plain view, a glass water bong with white residue, in the center console. BURRIS was unable to follow basic commands to shut off the vehicle and exit. the vehicle. Officers soon noticed a large metallic object tucked into BURRIS’S waistband. A frisk was performed, and a loaded black firearm and black knife were found on BURRIS.

BURRIS was taken into custody. A subsequent search of the car unveiled a backpack containing glassine baggies, cash, brass knuckles, a switch blade, and a double edge knife. Officers also found a digital scale, pills, and a brown powder substance.

The Toyota was impounded as a drug car.

BURRIS was evaluated at the scene, while it is believed he was under the influence of drugs, he did not require emergency medical treatment. He was later conscious and alert after booking at the police station.

BURRIS was held pending his arraignment at Lowell District Court.