Basil Mao, 22 yrs. old of Lowell – possession of a Class D drug with intent to distribute
Severe storm warning for tonight (Tuesday 10/7)
Message from Massachusetts Emergency Management
DATE: October 7, 2014
TIME: 12:15 PM
SUBJECT: Potential for Strong-Severe Storms Late Tonight – Early Wednesday
- Strong wind gusts, which could occur even with no thunder.
- Heavy rainfall, with the possibility of typical urban/nuisance flooding.
- A brief tornado or offshore waterspout is possible.
- Heavy rainfall/storms could effect AM commute.
- Mainly after midnight – mid morning (October 7, 2014-October 8, 2014)
- Particular focus from about 3 AM in the west – 8 AM in the east.
Area of greatest concern:
- Heavy rain and wind threat is for all of Southern New England.
- Best chance for tornado – mainly south of the Mass Pike, but still non-zero further north.
- Southern and southeastern waters have best chance for waterspout.
- For additional information and updated forecasts, see www.weather.gov/boston (National Weather Service Taunton),www.weather.gov/albany (National Weather Service Albany)
- Utilize Massachusetts Alerts to receive emergency notifications and information from the Massachusetts Emergency Management Agency and the National Weather Service. Massachusetts Alerts is powered by a free app (called ping4alerts!) that is available for Android and iPhones. To learn more about Massachusetts Alerts, and for information on how to download the free app (calledPing4Alerts!) onto your smartphone, visit: www.mass.gov/mema/mobileapp.
For additional information and resources, visit:
Massachusetts Emergency Management Agency at www.mass.gov/mema
MEMA’s Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/MassachusettsEMA
MEMA Twitter: @MassEMA
Federal Emergency Management Agency at www.fema.gov
National Weather Service/Taunton at www.weather.gov/boston
National Weather Service/Albany, NY at www.weather.gov/albany
Mass211 at www.mass211.org
Motor vehicle accidents 10/3-10/6
(1) vehicle accident on Westford Rd., (2) passengers had minor injuries and were treated at the scene
(1) vehicle accident on Dunstable Rd. @ Tower Rd, no injuries
(1) vehicle accident on Willowdale Rd., no injuries
(1) vehicle accident on Frost Rd., no injuries
fraudulent phone calls regarding medicare
We received information distributed from the Council on Aging and Senior Centers regarding senior citizens receiving phone calls from people claiming to be from medicare. Please read the following as it was distributed by the center;
“This office received an email today about an elder receiving a phone call from “Medicare.” A very well spoken caller claimed they had “sent her a letter” prior to a doctor coming to her house to ensure the proper services were being provided. The caller wanted to send Dr. “X” to her house the following day.
The elder said “this didn’t sound right” and felt very uncomfortable, but the caller gave her a phone # for verification. When she hung up, she called the Medicare # on her card (1-800-633-4227) and was told it was a scam…and that when they got to her house they would more than likely try to sell her insurance products. ”
Please spread the word in person and by social media; speak to your family, friends, neighbors who are senior citizens and advise them of this scam, unfortunately this and other scams conducted by shady characters occur often and will likely continue. The best way to combat these unscrupulous people is to keep our seniors informed. Never give personal information over the phone.
Criminal Charges filed
Jose Arana, 28 yrs old of Nashua – charged with Negligent Operation of a motor vehicle; this charge is a result of an investigation into a serious motor vehicle accident that occurred on July 25th on Middlesex Road at the Tyngsborough Bridge. A passenger in Arana’s vehicle remains in the hospital recovering from life threatening injuries, the State Police accident reconstruction team has assisted in this investigation.
16 year old male – charged with Threat to commit a crime, Destruction of Property under $250 & causing a school disturbance
Bridget Kinsley, 40 yrs. old of Tyngsborough – Taken into custody for (3) outstanding arrest warrants for past charges of larceny under $250, uttering a false document larceny from a building, operating a motor vehicle with a suspended drivers license, operating under the influence, child endangerment while OUI, furnishing a false name & shoplifting
Gregory Whalen, 29 yrs. old of Hudson, NH – OUI Liquor
Criminal charges; 9/27-9/29
Brian Jopson, 45 yrs. old of Tyngsborough – Charged with failing to stop for police & operating to endanger
Joel Berg, 33 yrs. old of N. Reading – Charged with operating a motor vehicle with a suspended drivers license
The Tyngsborough police unions are conducting a fundraiser run by a private company called TCI, they have run past fundraisers where they call and ask for donations. This is strictly a fundraiser for the (2) police unions, not a fundraiser for the Police Department or town, this fundraiser will last approximately (2) weeks. If you receive a call and have questions please contact Officer Daniel Whitman or Lt. Shaun Wagner.
Chief Richard Howe
Motor vehicle accidents 9/18 – 9/21
(1) vehicle accident on Middlesex Road, no injuries
(1) vehicle accident on Middlesex Road, no injuries
(2) vehicle accident on Frost Rd @ Mt. Paul, no injuries
(2) vehicle accident on Middlesex Rd. @ Mutual Oil, no injuries
(2) vehicle accident on Kendall Rd., no injuries
(2) vehicle accident on Middlesex Rd., no injuries