As part of Homecoming activities on Saturday October 18th at the Tyngsborough High School a helicopter will be dropping footballs at 6:45pm over the Pierce Field. This is meant to keep people informed so there isn’t concern as to why there is a low flying helicopter in the area.
Homecoming activities on Saturday October 18th
Bay State Marathon – Sunday October 19th
The Baystate Marathon will be held this Sunday, October 19th, the race will come through Chelmsford into Tyngsborough on 3A (Middlesex Rd.), turn right across the Tyngsborough Bridge and then travel the Boulevard back to Lowell. Motorists should expect significant delays between 8:30am – 12:30pm, please plan accordingly and seek alternative routes if possible.
Charges filed, arrest warrant sought
Louis Valazquez, 58 yrs old of Lowell – charged with Violation of an Abuse Prevention order; we are applying for an arrest warrant as Valazquez could not be located and taken into custody for the offense
Donald Beauchesne, 59 yrs. old of Tyngsborough – Violation of an abuse prevention order
Residential Break & Entering Arrest
On Tuesday October 14th, 2014 officers responded to the area of Alden St in Tyngsborough for a report of a breaking and entering into a residence in progress. Officers were told while responding to the scene by the reporting party that it was a neighbor attempting to gain entry into the residence. The reporting party was able to give officers responding to the scene the name of the person involved by an eye witness account.
As officers arrived on scene at the residence, they located the suspect. The suspect was placed in custody and as a result of the investigation the following charges are brought forward;
Mark Pekkala, 54 yrs. old Tyngsborough, MA
- B&E in the daytime to commit a felony/placing person in fear
- Accost/Annoy person of the opposite sex
- Disturbing the Peace
- Resisting Arrest
Anyone with information regarding this incident is asked to contact the Tyngsborough Police Department Criminal Investigations unit at (978) 649-7504 or remain anonymous by calling our Confidential Tip Line: 1(978) 226-TIPS (8477)
Released by; Chief Richard Howe
Timothy So, 22 yrs. old of Lowell – failing to stop for police, failure to move over for an emergency vehicle, operating a motor vehicle with a suspended drivers license
John Brownell, 25 yrs. old of Tyngsborough – (3) outstanding arrest warrants for past charges of; (2) counts of possession of a firearm without a license, possession of Class B, (2) counts of possession with intent to distribute Class E drug, (3) counts of a drug violation near a school, (1) count of receiving stolen property, (1) count of conspiracy to violate drug law
Tyngsborough Police Investigating Armed Robbery of Diner this Morning
TYNGSBOROUGH — Police Chief Richard Howe announces that the Tyngsborough Police Department is investigating an armed robbery that occurred early this morning.
Police responded to the Hole in 100 Diner on Frost Road at 7:05 a.m. for report that the restaurant had been robbed at gunpoint.
Police are looking for a white male, 6′, wearing a gray hooded sweatshirt and black pants. According to witnesses, the suspect pointed a black handgun at an employee and forced them to hand over money.
The suspect left with an undisclosed amount of cash and lottery tickets. A search was conducted by the Tyngsborough Police, with assistance of Hudson Police, State Police K-9s, and the State Police Air Wing, but the suspect could not be found.
Tyngsborough High School and Middle School were placed in lock down mode, as a precaution, during the search.
Basil Mao, 22 yrs. old of Lowell – possession of a Class D drug with intent to distribute
Severe storm warning for tonight (Tuesday 10/7)
Message from Massachusetts Emergency Management
DATE: October 7, 2014
TIME: 12:15 PM
SUBJECT: Potential for Strong-Severe Storms Late Tonight – Early Wednesday
- Strong wind gusts, which could occur even with no thunder.
- Heavy rainfall, with the possibility of typical urban/nuisance flooding.
- A brief tornado or offshore waterspout is possible.
- Heavy rainfall/storms could effect AM commute.
- Mainly after midnight – mid morning (October 7, 2014-October 8, 2014)
- Particular focus from about 3 AM in the west – 8 AM in the east.
Area of greatest concern:
- Heavy rain and wind threat is for all of Southern New England.
- Best chance for tornado – mainly south of the Mass Pike, but still non-zero further north.
- Southern and southeastern waters have best chance for waterspout.
- For additional information and updated forecasts, see www.weather.gov/boston (National Weather Service Taunton),www.weather.gov/albany (National Weather Service Albany)
- Utilize Massachusetts Alerts to receive emergency notifications and information from the Massachusetts Emergency Management Agency and the National Weather Service. Massachusetts Alerts is powered by a free app (called ping4alerts!) that is available for Android and iPhones. To learn more about Massachusetts Alerts, and for information on how to download the free app (calledPing4Alerts!) onto your smartphone, visit: www.mass.gov/mema/mobileapp.
For additional information and resources, visit:
Massachusetts Emergency Management Agency at www.mass.gov/mema
MEMA’s Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/MassachusettsEMA
MEMA Twitter: @MassEMA
Federal Emergency Management Agency at www.fema.gov
National Weather Service/Taunton at www.weather.gov/boston
National Weather Service/Albany, NY at www.weather.gov/albany
Mass211 at www.mass211.org