Department News

Press release; Stabbing suspect held without bail after hearing

Tyngsborough Police Department

Chief Richard D. Howe

20 Westford Road
Tyngsborough, MA 01879
Tyngsborough PD


Friday, Jan. 4, 2019
Media Contact: John Guilfoil
Phone: 617-993-0003

Nashua Man Held without Bail in Connection with Tyngsborough Armed Robbery

TYNGSBOROUGH – Tyngsborough Police Chief Richard Howe and Middlesex District Attorney Marian Ryan have announced that DEQUAN HAGEN19, of NASHUA, NEW HAMPSHIRE, was ordered held without bail by Judge Michael Brooks today following a 58A dangerousness hearing in Lowell District Court. The next hearing in this case is scheduled for Feb. 11.
HAGEN is charged with armed robbery, home invasion, assault and battery with a dangerous weapon, assault with a dangerous weapon and malicious destruction of property over $1,200 in connection with an alleged stabbing that occurred on Jan. 3.
On January 3, at approximately 8:13 p.m., Tyngsborough Police responded to a report of a stabbing that had taken place on Frost Street in Tyngsborough. Through their investigation authorities learned that earlier that evening a juvenile male who resided in the Frost Road home planned to meet with the defendant after arranging a sale of a pair of Adidas Yeezy sneakers.
When the defendant arrived, the victim asked to meet the defendant in the garage. Subsequent examination of home security footage allegedly showed the defendant taking a knife out prior to the victim entering the garage. The defendant then allegedly stabbed the victim before fleeing the scene with the sneakers.
The victim was transported to an area hospital and has since been discharged.
On Jan. 4, an arrest warrant was issued for the defendant who then turned himself in to Tyngsborough Police.
HAGEN was arraigned in Lowell District Court on Jan. 7.
These charges are allegations and the defendant is presumed innocent until proven guilty.
The prosecutor assigned to today’s hearing was Assistant District Attorney Jacqueline McCormick. 
The surveillance footage is not being released publicly at this time, and any further media inquiries should be directed to the District Attorney’s Office.