On Friday March 29th at 2:07 am the Tyngsborough fire and police department responded to a reported structure fire at 10 Long Pond Road in Tyngsborough. Upon arrival they found that the right side of the home was heavily involved. The occupants of the residence had safely exited the home and their were no reported injuries at that time. Chelmsford, Westford, Nashua and Dracut Fire Departments responded to the fire as a result of a 3rd alarm being activated. Lowell and Pelham Fire Departments covered the Tyngsborough Fire Stations during the incident. The fire was reported under control at approximately 4:15am.
The Red Cross responded and had arrived by 4am to assist the occupants of the residence; there were apparently three occupants at the time of the fire. The Tyngsborough Building inspector assessed the damage and found that the home was uninhabitable.
After speaking with the occupants of the home the initial assessment is that the fire was accidental; likely caused by a cigarette which was not properly disposed of.
At 6:45am an ambulance was requested to respond to the location of the fire due to one of the residents reporting that she was experiencing shortness of breath and nausea.
Released by; Deputy Chief Richard Howe